Liceum Ogólnokształcące with Bolesław Prus name, is one of the oldest
schools in Siedlce. In 1906 was established private school steered by Tadeusz
Radliński . This school was called Gimnazjum Podlaskie which contained oneself
in edifice near ul. Floriańska. The school was formed as a result of school
strikes between years 1902-1905 as rivalry for Russian "Governmental Classical
Secondary School for Boys" resident near Szkolna street (today Konarskiego, the
building of present Liceum named H. Żółkiewskiego). In year 1912 head master
became Mieczysław Asłanowicz. Gimnazjum Podlaskie successfuly survived until to
recovery of independence. In autumn 1918 it became nationalized and received the
name of Gimnazjum hetmana Stefana Żółkiewskiego in Siedlce. It was third public
Polish high school in regenerating Poland. School was situated in two buildings.
Humanistic Department was created near Floriańska streetand near Konarskiego
street was started Department of Natural Science and Mathematics. Mieczysław
Asłanowicz still held the function of head master, and Stanisław Rutkowski
became his deputy, who answered for newly formed Humanistic Department. In 1923
Humanistic Department was transformed into individual post - "Państwowe
Gimnazjum im.B. Prusa". II World War broke the legal activity of school. It work
was resumed in 1944 and it is continued till present day. Since year 1953 school
became a co-educational post.
Bolesław Prus - patron of school - he attended to secondary school in Siedlce on the turn of
years 1861/1862 ( the later name of school - The Governmental Classical
Secondary School for Boys). Writer's older brother - Leon Głowacki taught at
this school. Brothers took part in January Insurrection, they fought in battle
under village Białka (present Białki) near Siedlce, whereby they got into
SCHOOL HEAD MASTERS
function of head master since moment of post rising till year 1961
with pause 1939-1945. In time of war he was twice arrested. His
endeavour brought to reconstruction of destroyed during war operations
former edifice of school and building of dormitory.
In the period of Nazi
occupation was organizer and manager of secret teaching on general education
level on Siedlce's terrain. After the war he became high school vice-manager and
he fulfilled this function to 1950 r.
Head master in school year 1961/62
master in school years 1962-72.
master in school years 1972-76.
Head master in years 1976-90. Under his government was taken the care about gaining terrain for
extension of the school and the Social Committee of Enlargement was appointed.